Middle East Eye / May 1, 2023
Seventeen-year-old Palestinian Jibril Muhammad al-Lada’a was killed during a military raid on Aqabat Jaber camp in the occupied West Bank.
Israeli forces killed a Palestinian youth and wounded eight others in a raid in the occupied West Bank on Monday.
The Palestinian health ministry identified the dead man as 17-year-old Jibril Muhammad Al-Lada’a.
Israeli forces stormed the Aqabat Jabr camp, south of Jericho/Ariha, which was also targeted last week resulting in a Palestinian being killed and several injured.
The director of Jericho Hospital said that at least “three people critically wounded were transferred to the Palestine Medical Complex in Ramallah”.
A large Israeli force stormed the Aqabat Jabr refugee camp with Palestinian witnesses reporting that arrests were made. In a statement the Israeli military said Palestinians “burned tyres, set off fireworks and shot at soldiers, who responded by shooting”.
The director of the Palestinian Prisoners’ Club in Jericho, Eid Brahma, told the Palestinian news agency WAFA that Israeli forces arrested the secretary of Fatah in the camp, Ahmed Jihad Abu al-Assal, and Ahmed Jabr Wahdan.
For the 10th day in a row Israeli forces have closed the entrances and exits in the city of Jericho from several sides, stopping citizens’ vehicles at their military checkpoints.
Later on Monday morning, the Palestinian Health Ministry reported that a 20-year-old was also critically wounded after being shot by the Israeli forces near Bethlehem.
This incident increases the total number of Palestinian killed by Israeli forces and settlers since the beginning of this year to 101, including 17 children. Nineteen Israelis and one Ukrainian have been killed by Palestinians so far this year.